The CRC (Carbon Reduction Commitment) Energy Efficiency Scheme is a mandatory emissions trading scheme for the UK that aims to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions through energy efficiency.
The CRC Database will enable users to:
- search information on the more than 2000 organisations included in the scheme
- access the performance league table 2010/11 ranking organisations through early action metrics
- discover the carbon footprint of some of the biggest UK organisations, totalling 61 MtCO2
- view aggregated data by regulator (England and Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland)
- search companies by location (town, postcode) and use the Google maps functionality
CRC organisations are responsible for around 10% of the UK’s CO2 emissions. The carbon footprint of these organisations in the fiscal year 2010/11 amounted to 61 MtCO2.
The scheme features a range of reputational, behavioural and financial drivers, which aim to encourage organisations to develop energy management strategies that promote a better understanding of energy usage.
The first sale of allowances to cover emissions in fiscal year 2011/12 will be taking place in 2012.
The price of CRC allowances was set at £12 per tonne of carbon dioxide.
The CRC Database is part of the World ETS Database and is freely accessible online for registered users.
Not registered yet? Click here to create a new account.